Friday, 11 November 2016

Masthead design: concept


Masthead design

Image result for xxl logoI decided to use adobe illustrator to design and create my masthead. Firstly I conducted research about the styles of Masthead which is used in my genre and gathered similarities within them and differences. Most Mastheads are capitalised as well as bold such as XXL and Vibe.




When creating  my Masthead I used these key conventions and created various mastheads for my magazine "TRILLA". The photo shows the four Masthead initial designs:


From the Mastheads I created my favourite two are the first and second due to the bold writing and the spaces between the letters. I particularly like the red background which gives it a hip hop flair. I created the red background using the rectangle font.

I have asked for feedback and included the Masthead in my Magazine proposal and the majority of the individuals preferred the second style of masthead. I am now going to keep the design concept however i am going to alter it and design more which is suited to the style.

No comments:

Post a Comment